I have several sites online making money and several domains that I plan to bring online this year. My non-Blogger sites consist (so far) of the following:
- A nutrition site created with SiteBuild It! in December 2007
- A home and garden site & Wordpress blog started in June 2008
- A pets site created in December 2008
- A mini-site for my eHow eBook
- Several other domains with one page or none, needing attention
My pets site, whose link I will share sometime later when the site is more complete, has 9 pages and has been indexed by Google. I have earned just over $10 in Adsense and $4 in Amazon referrals since I published the first page in mid December.
I'm doing this site partially as a case study, to see how well it will earn and whether it is a better method than writing for content sites with better page ranks. I also want to diversify my income.
Some quick stats on the site:
- Domain name is a three-word search term.
- The topic has low search engine traffic and low cost Adsense ads.
- Competition for the keywords isn't bad.
Do you make money with your website or a blog? I'd love to hear how it's going.
Photo by Eylem Culculoglu