Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How to E-File a Federal Tax Extension for Free

Did you know you can file for a federal tax extension online, for free? Lucky for me, you can. Check out Tax Act Online.

It's tax time, with federal taxes due today, and since the accountant isn't finished with my husband's business taxes, and my youngest son hasn't received his social security card as yet, we need an extension.

I was glad to find a site where I can do it quickly, online, for free. In fact, think I'll file my taxes (also free) through the same site when I get everything I need together.

Don't forget that an extension doesn't mean you can put off paying the IRS -- you need to pay now to avoid late fees.

Need help with federal taxes? Get Free Tax Help from a variety of sources online and in person.

No comments: